It’s almost time to put on your 31! the Chantilly Art & Elegance, which highlights the best in the history of the automobile in the park of the Château de Chantilly, is this Sunday, September 25. And there will be something for everyone: rarest old to crazy supercars, passing through many concept cars, some not even being present at the future Paris Motor Show. But beware, this show has to be earned: the dress-code is rigorous! So to not miss anything of this exceptional event which is making its big comeback in 2022, follow our complete guide!
Chantilly Art & Elegance 2022 : le programme complet
here is the program for sunday september 25 2022 :
- 9:00 am: Opening of the park to the public
- 10.45 a.m.: “The Most Beautiful Cars in the World” parade – parade of each car and prize-giving
- 11:30 a.m.: Owners’ club garden party
- 12:00 p.m.: VIP lunch at the Cercle Art & Elegance
- 2:45 p.m.: parade of concept cars
- 3:40 p.m.: show “The Prestance of the sheep at the step of the goose”
- 4:05 p.m.: parade of the winners of the State Competition
- 4:50 p.m.: award ceremony
- 17h05 : remise des Best of Show
- 6:30 p.m.: closed to the public
Come to Chantilly Art and Elegance
The address is, logically, that of the castle: Château de Chantilly, 60500 Chantilly. Everything is 45 km north of Paris. By train, take the TER at Gare du Nord, and get off at the Chantilly-Gouvieux stop.
Three free car parks are available to the public around the racecourse.
Chantilly Art & Elegance: the ticket office
Entrance tickets for Chantilly Art & Elegance can be classified into three categories. The first concerns the “classic” entries, and cost 50 €. Then, if you wish, you can opt for the “ Garden Party“, which includes, in addition to two tickets to the event, seats in the dining area and a picnic basket for two. The price is fixed at 320 €, but is unfortunately already out of stock…
Finally, for VIPs, go for the privilege package. The latter includes VIP parking, a gourmet meal served by starred chefs, among others… All for €690 per person.
To access the ticket office, meet here.
The Dress Code: French elegance!
Chantilly Art & Elegance has this particularity: a Dress Code is mandatory. Nothing very restrictive either, but a bit of elegance is in order. T-shirts, jeans, shorts, sandals are generally not recommended. Prefer them a dressy jacket, a shirt, a dress, etc. But beware, Météo France is planning rainy weather this Sunday, September 25, with temperatures not exceeding 17°C. To keep in mind!
Competition: the different prizes
Chantilly Art & Elegance is part of the tradition of elegance competitions. As such, several prizes will be awarded during the event, corresponding to specific categories.
- The elegance contest : it brings together concept cars and the world of haute couture in an exceptional fashion show.
- The state contest : it rewards the most beautiful vintage cars registered in one of the 17 official categories. The most beautiful cars in the world, with an exceptional history.
- The Club Grand Prix : as its name suggests, it rewards the clubs that litter the forecourt of the castle. The harmony of picnics is de rigueur…
Everything will be judged by a jury made up of specialists: designers, journalists, drivers, bosses of major brands (including Carlos Tavares of Stellantis), presidents of automobile associations, etc.
Read also :
– Renault R5 Turbo 3E: a crazy and retro concept dedicated to drifting!
– Volkswagen Gen.Travel: an autonomous shuttle to work, or take a nap!
– Renault Espace (2023): what we already know
State competition: the list of 17 categories
To enter the state contest, owners can enter their cars in one of the 17 defined categories. Here they are :
- “Tribute to Betty“: American sports cars open
- Cars in original condition (pre-war)
- Cars in original condition (Post-War)
- Alpine: Race Cars
- Touring Bodywork (Pre-War)
- Touring Bodywork (Post-War)
- La Carrosserie Touring (Cars since the 2000s)
- A great brand: Hispano-Suiza
- Racing cars from 1905 to 1925
- iconoclastic cars
- Trays since the 1950s
- Bugatti, The Renaissance
- Bugatti, type 55
- 70th anniversary of the Bentley Continental
- An Italian manufacturer: De Tomaso
- The Legend of the 24 Hours of Le Mans: Speed & Aerodynamics on the Hunaudières
- The Legend of the 24 Hours of Le Mans: the Race for the Performance Index